Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 2013 Birchbox

This months box theme was "Beauty Diaries"
Which the only thing that fits this theme is the freaken pen, lol.




I love this little tin, if it wasn't for this product I would be canceling my subscription and getting more Ipsy bags!  This color is a very pigmented barbie pink, looks great with my fair skin tone.



This mineral sunblock is infused with organic anti aging ingredients like evening primrose extract and borage seed oil.  This is perfect timing for me, I have been sitting in the sun allot more these days.  My son is in the middle of his first soccer season and I was almost out of sunscreen.  The smell is very soothing it will be great on our hot summer days in Texas.  I just wish the sample was bigger I will probably get only one or two uses (at most) out of it.  Does anyone else see how little is actually in the tube? Did this happen to you?

Marvis, Classic mint toothpaste
A stylish Italian import with invigorating peppermint flavor.  This is just plain old tooth paste to me.  I mean besides the pretty packaging I don't see what all the hype would be!  I really thought this sample was wasted on me even thought I still tried it, it just... blah!

Miss Jessie's Original, Jelly soft curls
Seeing is believing:  This brand new gel boosts shine and tames frizz yet doesn't leave hair crunchy.  I am very excited to try this out because I received another product from this company (threw BB) and I loved it so I can't wait to try this one.  With having frizz curly hair I am always looking for the best product to tame my curls (example just today I bought over $50 of product just for my curls!)  So here's hoping!  (will update with review)

Bonus item
Pilot corporation of America Acroball PureWhite, in the color Pink
My first thoughts where "a pen?  A F-N PEN, you can not be serious!  Come on BB get it together!"  But I guess compared to some of the other BB finds and extras this is not as bad.  It is a cute pen, in white and pink.  And it writes in pink so that makes it worth carrying around I guess.   But I still think that this could have been planed better.  Maybe with a cute little "dairy" type note pad, the real simple cheap ones that you can get at any dollar store would due.  It would have tide the theme together more and maybe distracted people from the fact that a beauty subscription service was sending the a pen and a "sample".
    PS. This item also came with a $1.00 off coupon.

Box Total $14.08

   All in all the total value is pretty sad but I think compared to the other boxes for this month I got really luck.  Mainly because I had already gotten the Sumita eyeliner and the Amika products in a past BB, all that was really left was the Cargo as the big item.  By the way there was no full size items this time.  But in my option (which is what you come here for, Lol)  this month was a bad month for Birchbox.  I will stick it out because most of my boxes have been good... not great or amazing but good. And for $10 good is good enough... for now!  I think as soon as Birchbox realizes that Ipsy is really going to give them a run for their money, the will have to start stepping it up and soon!  Until then I will be waiting... Birchbox! Lol!
    Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment and follow.


If you want your very own Birchbox click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment